Camp History


Jean Clark and Hazel Simonton respond to God’s call by moving from New Jersy to Montana. After receiving invitations for ministry in seven different towns, they chose Missoula and started their first Bible Club in January of 1945.
Jean and Hazel feel the call of God to start a Bible Club Camp. The first camp was held on a small ranch 100 miles from Missoula and they opened the doors to 50 campers that first year.
Property for the camp is rented around Flathead Lake and the Bible Club Camp continues to be a success with attendance growing every year.
God leads Jean and Hazel to purchase 140 acres for $20,000 to use for the camps.
An additional 64 acres is purchased for $44,500.
  • Currently, Big Sky Bible Camp owns 220+ acres around Peterson Lake with six main buildings and the CL Trading Post, Big Sky’s all-new office building.

God continues to bless Big Sky Bible Camp. Each year we see people come to know Christ as Savior and watch others grow in their walk with God. It has been exciting to watch Him build this ministry for His glory. We look forward to the future with anticipation, faith, and the same vision that began this ministry. “Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us.” -Ephesians 3:20